Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Church Of Baseball

Since I seem to be posting about my baseball exploits and whatnot on sundays, I'll start calling this segment: The Church of Baseball.

First, a Brewers update:
They've gone 2-4 for the week (which isn't all that great) but they're still in 4th place, 4 games behind the Reds. Ben Sheets (their ace pitcher) has been battling a cold (which can lead to worse things with him), but he's been cleared to pitch today, giving the Brewers a good shot at avoiding a sweep out in LA.

Now, my softball practice report:
I spent most of my time in the outfield. Muffed the first ball hit to me (which happens when i'm still rusty) but, over the course of the morning, I made most of the plays hit to me, and a couple pretty good plays. One in particular was a hard hit line drive, that I had to run to my left and in and made a rolling catch of. Why a rolling catch, you may ask. Well, i'm no good at diving, so I basically just get down to where I have to to catch the ball and whatever happens after i catch the ball happens. In this case I ended up rolling, but I held onto the ball. Also made a few catches that I had to run quite a ways for. As for my hitting, i'm still not in a groove that I like, and our first game is tomorrow night :( I think some of it has been the BP pitching though, because the guy who was pitching, wasn't doing a particularly good job of it (no worse than what i'd be able to do though, i'm not good at pitching slow pitch).

I'll do a feature called Game recap after tomorrow nights game, so that all of you can know how badly (or goodly) I did. :D (who are 'all of you' anyways?)

No comments: