Sunday, May 07, 2006

Song of the UUOT: Grammatrain - Rocketship

For my initial song of the Unknown Unit Of Time, I will pull out the song that absolutely rocked the socks off of any other song I've ever heard. It's by a band that no longer exists (sadly) called Grammatrain. They were one of the coolest bands ever, and I never got to see them *cries*. The song is called Rocketship. Here's a link to amazon.com where you can listen to the 30 second demo to at least get a feel for it.

Heres the lyrics (or at least close, I'm not sure where I lost my CD case to, so I can't look in the liner):

Do you have a rocketship I could fly?
We could watch the world grow small from the sky.
Set a course and leave this place for a while,
we could leave, we would see the world a different size.

Chorus:
Let's fly our rocketship off of the ground.
C'mon and break thru the speed of sound.

Sometimes I feel caged inside my lifespan.
If i saw the earth as a distant land,
all my problems would feel like grains of sand
sifting through, sifting through, sifting through my hand.

Bridge:
Jesus holds space and time.
My soul will never die.

Now, whether you are religious or not, or of a different religion, I'm sure you can identify with wanting to get away. The ability to see things with a different perspective can make what were humongous problems seem so much smaller and more managable. So, besides absolutely rocking, the song has really good lyrics too. Hope ya like it!

2 comments:

Anniina said...

Gosh, I'm sorry honey, but that song just did not do it for me. Can we still be friends? ^.^

Mophia said...

hehe, yes. perhaps you have to be a musician to dig the odd time signature groove thingy ^^