Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Like the Rain

Here I begin the new musical focus of this blog with a poem that I in fact JUST wrote. Though I don't write poetry, really! How did it make it onto Crash-Riding? Because I happen to have come up with chords for it and intend to record it sometime... soon™ (which means sometime before I die).

I Like the Rain

It's WET. It's like a liquid net,
and it's catching me again.

I like, at night, the spikes
of light stabbing through the haze.

It's BEST. The splattering gives me rest,
the chiming of the drops on the ground.

It sprinkles, in the fall, the twinkle,
of tall buildings in the sky.

I like the rain.

-Istanbul

(It was written in-character as the saying goes. I have links to the story all about if you'd like to hear more about Istanbul ~.^)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it :)

FYI, back on FFXI - I was gone for like 6 months, and I'm totally LOST. I can't remember how to do anything. You coming back soon?

Mophia said...

I hope so, boy am i gonna have a lot of updates to do though! hehe

Mophia said...

i'm reactivated w/ Mophia and Istanbultaye. Even though it looks like you'll be busy busy busy this next week. Say hi to your mom! e-mail me if you will happen to be on at any point in time next week and i'll see if i can be there ^^