Thursday, April 27, 2006

My Setup

Well, I better do this just in case some musician type person strolls through. They'd think I was a fake if I didn't talk about my kit at all.

I use:
Taye Drums
10-12-14" Toms (2 Rack, 1 Floor)
14x5.5" Snare Drum (Taye throw-offs are killer awesome)
16x22" Kick Drum (don't quote me on that, my mind is a bit numb)

for cymbals,
14" Sabian Paragon Hi-Hats (Neil Pert Line of cymbals)
20" Zildjaan Ride Cymbal (a late 70's early 80's cymbal I'm pretty sure)
17" Zildjaan A Custom Thin Crash
15" Istanbul Medium Crash
12" Zildjaan K Custom Dark Splash

for sticks,
Vic Firth Dave Weckl model sticks
Vic Firth T1 General Timpani Mallets
Vic Firth brushes

Hardware is mostly Taye, with a Tama cymbal stand.

I like single ply coated heads for my toms, and I'm not all that picky about the brand on them. Usually use Remo, just cuz. My snare still has the original Taye head on it. I should probably change it sometime soon, but it still sounds really good (might just be because the only other snare I hear often is tuned like dung, so mine might just sound good compared to that lol)

I also have a Cort Katana guitar that is pretty good to me and my amateurish guitar playing.

-Phil

No comments: