Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Church of Baseball III (with Game Recap II)

A bit long in coming, this is the third edition of, The Church of Baseball!

Over the course of these past few weeks, the Brewers have fallen to 31-34. Losing two of your starting pitchers, and their top replacement has a tendency to do that kind of thing. The merry-go-round of minor league replacements helped the Crew to an 8 game losing streak, and a record of 12-15 since I last updated you. Of course, if you factor out that losing streak, they haven't done too bad ~.^ Rick Helling, the replacement starter, is due back soon, and the pitching staff as a whole has rebounded some. Here's to good luck for the Brewers until I post again!

Now, I'm sure you're desperate to know how my softball season has been going since my first game. Well, it's been alright. I did well my second game (which was actually in a work league that was pretty sappy, but still fun). My line in that game was, 3/4, 2b, 2 R, 4 RBI. Had a few snappy plays on the defense too. Yay!

Game 3 was back in the normal league. Was fun, but not quite so good. We lost. Boohoo. ~.^ I didn't hit so well, 1/3, and even my hit was kinda icky. On the defensive side, a few balls were hit my direction, but none within my range to catch.

Game 4 was last night, and it was great all the way around. Due to a shortage of players, I actually ended up playing 3b. I've barely had any infield practice so far this year, so I was pretty rusty there. But, the I improved steadily as the game went on. The first ball that was hit to me, I kinda shied away from, and missed (really bad). The second ball, I stayed on better, and at least got a glove on and slowed it down (not too bad). the third ball, I picked up (good!) then proceeded to make a boneheaded mistake and not get any outs (bad). The fourth ball, I picked up, and got a force out at 3b (great) and attempted to throw to 1b quickly for a double play, but was a bit wild, but the 1b got in front of it and stopped it (not bad). The fifth ball, was a line drive hit to my backhand side (my right) which I snagged (great!). The sixth ball was also a line drive, this time a bit to my left, and at my feet, which i also caught quite niftily (really great!) Now, for my hitting: 4/4, 2b, 2 R, 1 RBI. First couple hits were pretty blah, but my last two were really quite good. Yay again!

Ok, that catches up the church of baseball and game recap editions. I solemnly swear to do that mumu of sevenths in the next couple days. really!

Oh yes, my season totals, which i'm sure disinterests you all greatly ;D :
9/12, 2 2b, 1 3b, 5 R, 6 RBI, .750 Avg., 1.083 Slg., 1.833 OPS.

No comments: