Monday, June 19, 2006

Church of Baseball IV

Well, the Brewers lost tonight to the Detroit Tigers. But it's been a great week all around. Early in the week, Brewerfan.net had a give-a-way for their last open seat to their FanFest 2006, which I signed up for. Thursday, they held the drawing, and lo and behold.... I WAS THE WINNER!!! wOOt!

So, saturday morning, after softball practice, two hours in humid 90+ degree weather, I zipped home, showered and changed, and headed down to Milwaukee. A few minutes in line and I got parked, then spent a few minutes finding their party tent. I introduced myself and got my ticket and chilled for a couple minutes. There was about 25ish folks there. I went and played catch with one of the kids for a little while while waiting for the food to get ready. The food was great, grilled and cooked by various staff members of the website. I helped with the cleanup, since everything had to be taken care of by game time.

Well, after that we headed in to our seats, and the game was on! It was an excellently pitched game on both sides. Dave Bush had a spot of trouble in the 2nd inning. Jake Westbrook gave up only a run on an error. Then, finally, in the bottom of the 9th inning, against the Indians closer, Bob Wickman, the Brewers started mounting a rally. After Corey Koskie struck out to start off the inning, Carlos Lee drew a walk, as did Prince Fielder following him. Bill Hall got a bloop single to drop in, loading the bases for Geoff Jenkins. The entire crowd of 42,000+ people were on their feet cheering. Then he ripped a line drive down the right field line for a walkoff two run base hit and the stadium erupted! So, now i'm 3-0 in Brewer games i've attended and I had a great time!

Here's a link to some pictures (including one of me >.>) for those interested.

Here's a link to the thread discussing FanFest.

So, now for the week in review...

When last I updated y'all on their progress, they were 31-34. Including tonights loss, they are at 35-36, which is a 4-2 record last week. They swept the Indians, and won a series against the Reds, as well as the series before that (part of which includes the last update). Good luck to the Crew for this week.

No comments: